Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Modeling electrodeposition in a Hull Cell

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi!

Within the tertiary current distribution module, I'm trying to model the elctrodeposition process of Nickel within a Hull Cell. A Hull cell is a testequipment tool with a oblique cathode, used to investigate parameters etc.

In practical ways, the hull cell is connected to a power supplier that's set on 3 A, which results in 6,3 V due to the resistance. So far so good.

Now I'm trying to translate this to COMSOL, I've build the geometry and added some boundaries. Within the electrode surface boundary, I want to set the total current to 3A and the boundary electrical potential to 6.3V. But I can't get it working, it keeps giving me errors. When I don't set the potential to 6.3 V, the model works but in the electrolyte potential plot, the potential is much higher than 6.3V. Also, COMSOL doesn't understand often that the deposit species need to deposit on the cathode surface..

I just can't get my head around it.. Is there someone who has some ideas or solutions for me?

Thanks very much!!

1 Reply Last Post 11.10.2016, 08:28 GMT-4
François Mandias COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 8 years ago 11.10.2016, 08:28 GMT-4
Hi Demi,

Please read you email.

Best,
François Mandias
Hi Demi, Please read you email. Best, François Mandias

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.