Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

FEM rotating shaft, break torque

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi at all!

I,m new at this discussion forum and I really hope that you can give me some good advices.

My problem is that I want to build a model of a rotating shaft with a fixed and a rotating bearing, WITHOUT using the multibody Dynamics Interface. The shaft is moved by a step function of a torsional moment located on the left side. After a certain period of time the shaft has to be slowed down by another torque (on the opposite side of the shaft).
Now my questions...
Does anybody know how I can realise the bearings?
How is it possible to define a surface of the shaft where the second torque operates?
Furthermore...how can I prescribe the frictional coefficient of my "self made" constructed bearings?

The bearings are built out of spring Forces.

I,m deeply grateful for any tips!!!

Thanks so far
Daniel

0 Replies Last Post 04.10.2016, 07:21 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Daniel Mittelstädt

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.