Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

ACDC PROBLEM: OPERATORS WORK FOR APPLICATION MODE VARIABLES BUT NOT FOR PROJECTION COUPLING VARIABLES

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

HELLO TO ALL OF YOU:

I AM WORKING IN COMSOL 3.5 A, IN AXISYMMETRY MODE, ACDC, AZIMUTHAL INDUCTION CURRENT, TRANSIENT ANALYSIS.

In File>Export>Postprocessing Data>Subdomain>Expression: I wrote

Bz_emqa and later I also wrote d(Bz_emqa,z)

and exported successfully both sets of data to the same subdomains (all my subdomains) and got good plots.

But,

In Options>Projection Coupling Variables>Subdomain Variables I wrote:

SOURCE
Name Expression Integration Order
magflux (Bz_emqa*2*pi*r)*((r>=0)&&(r<=7.25E-3)&&(z>=-21E-3)&&(z<=21E-3)) 4

General Transformation
x : z
y : r
DESTINATION
Level: Sub domain x : z ***I made this available in ALL DOMAINS***

With this I got the magnetic flux from -21mm<=z<=21mm through a circle of 7.25 mm radius

QUESTION:

FOR THE APPLICATION MODE VARIABLES THE FIRST DERIVATIVE OF Bz_emqa WITH RESPECT TO Z WORKED OUT OK, BUT IF I TRIED TO POST PROCESS IN THE SAME WAY I EXPLAINED ABOVE, WRITING IN THE SUB DOMAIN EXPRESSION FIELD: d(magflux,z) I GET ONLY ZEROS!

When I try to export d(magflux,z) it doesn't work at all!

WHY d(variable, coordinate) is working for the APPLICATION MODE VARIABLE, but not for the variable I defined (which is the line integration over horizontal lines of Bz_emqa, made available in ALL DOMAINS, and done for different values of z) ?????? When I try to export d(magflux,z) it doesn't work at all!

P.S. I always update the model before post processing and make sure I selected the variable I need.

At this moment I am doing a static analysis, and I don't have any time dependent variable.

THANK YOU ALL!!!!

0 Replies Last Post 29.12.2010, 09:34 GMT-5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Igor P.

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.