Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Problem in a time-dependent study

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi
I am using two different physics: Heat transfer in porous media and Transport of diluted species. Both of them are time dependent.
Step 1: Time dependent (from 0 to 100) - Heat transfer in porous media - Dependent variable = T
Step 2: Time dependent (from 101 to 400) - Transport of diluted species - Dependent variable = c
I need the last value of "T" (only numeric value, I am working without units) solved in the first step for using it as initial value of concentration in the Transport of diluted species physic corresponding with the second step.
I am not able to get a value of the dependent variable "c" different to zero. I always obtain zero for the variable c. I think that COMSOL is not using the value of T in the Step-2 but I do not why...
Can someone help me to solve this problem?
Thank you in advance.
Javier

1 Reply Last Post 21.09.2016, 19:46 GMT-4

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 8 years ago 21.09.2016, 19:46 GMT-4
Hi Javier,
In the second step you have to use the last value obtained from the first step?
In this case in the second step go to the initial depend variable section. You have to possibilities:
1)Initial values of variables to resolve
2)Initial values of variables not resolved
In the first try to select solution (Method) and step1 (study) and the value you want to use (value).
I hope this will help you.
Hi Javier, In the second step you have to use the last value obtained from the first step? In this case in the second step go to the initial depend variable section. You have to possibilities: 1)Initial values of variables to resolve 2)Initial values of variables not resolved In the first try to select solution (Method) and step1 (study) and the value you want to use (value). I hope this will help you.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.