Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Laminar Flow Reference Temperature

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I'm trying to model a phase change in a bath of molten metal with some simple fluid flows. The laminar flow model requires a reference temperature but how do I pick this reference temperature? Should it be the melting point of the metal? Or rather the initial temperature?

The reference manual says this value is used to calculate density and viscosity but then why does changing the reference temperature drastically change my temperature field? Even when I tell the laminar flow node that density and viscosity come from the material this effect is still present.

0 Replies Last Post 27.07.2016, 10:31 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Chris Banko

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.