Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Transport of diluted species velocity

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

When I have to set a velocity for the transport of diluted species I get a constant concetration if I set it to the velocity field of my laminar flow (spf). However when I set it to user defined, with same values as for the laminar flow velocity profile, I do get concentration fluctuations. What could be the problem that's cuasing this? I attached the model to this post.

Any help is appreciated.

1 Reply Last Post 23.05.2016, 03:04 GMT-4

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 8 years ago 23.05.2016, 03:04 GMT-4
Setting a value u = 74 cm/s is unphysical, you cannot dictate it, and when the solution is done with that setting, the velocity field in x direction is not uniform but fluctuates heavily, not staying at 74 cm/s.

BR
Lasse
Setting a value u = 74 cm/s is unphysical, you cannot dictate it, and when the solution is done with that setting, the velocity field in x direction is not uniform but fluctuates heavily, not staying at 74 cm/s. BR Lasse

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.