Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Parametric sweep with geometry changes

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi everybody,
I am simulating a semiconductor component that is liquid cooled from two sides. The model is built like:
- upper cooler
- upper heat spreader
- heat source
- lower heat spreader
- lower cooler

Turbulent flow and heat transfer are only coupled in one direction. First, the flow in the coolers is calculated and then the results are being used in heat transfer as values of variables not solved for.
So far, no problems.
Next I want to do a parametric sweep in the heat transfer step, in which the thickness of the heat spreaders is varied.
This leads to my problem:
Subsequently to the change of heat spreader thickness, the position of the upper cooler is changed a little upwards. But this change does not apply to the results of the previous step (of course) so that the values of variables not solved for (namely the flow field) do not coincide with the now upwards shifted position of the fluid volume.

Does anyone have an idea how to handle this without doing flow simulations for all possible cooler positions?

0 Replies Last Post 20.05.2016, 05:48 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Stefan Grützner

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.