Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Evaluating more than one expression in Global Evaluation?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi

Is it possible to evaluate more than one expression in Global Evaluation, in one step?
My goal in this postprocessing step is to tabulate and plot a variable for different mesh sizes (i.e. from different data sets). My solution is time-dependent.

Currently what I am doing is using Derived Values/Global Evaluations through which I can get ( t , Data1(u) ) & ( t , Data2(u) ) separately and then combine the data. If I have numerous data sets, I have to calculate ( t , DataN(u) ) separately, which may not be time efficient. I tried the Join Date Set, but the problem with Join is twofold:

1- I prefer to extract the original values from my studies, rather than getting Difference, Sum, etc. that software makes available. Basically I want to tabulate ( t , Data1(u) , Data2(u) ), but apparently this cannot be done.
2- In join apparently we can compare two data sets, unless we Create several Joins and them combine them.

Thank you for checking this post.

2 Replies Last Post 19.05.2016, 17:35 GMT-4
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 8 years ago 13.05.2016, 08:34 GMT-4
Hello,
We anticipate that multiple expressions in Global Evaluation and other Evaluation nodes will be possible in the upcoming version 5.2a.
Best regards,
Jeff
Hello, We anticipate that multiple expressions in Global Evaluation and other Evaluation nodes will be possible in the upcoming version 5.2a. Best regards, Jeff

Posted: 8 years ago 19.05.2016, 17:35 GMT-4
Thanks Jeff. That is a good news.
I also would like to see more capability to manipulate the tables, primarily movement of the data sets up and down to order them (if there are more than one set of data).

When will be the 5.2a version released?

Thank you.
Thanks Jeff. That is a good news. I also would like to see more capability to manipulate the tables, primarily movement of the data sets up and down to order them (if there are more than one set of data). When will be the 5.2a version released? Thank you.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.