Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Solutions fails to converge.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I have made a script which solves an eigenvalue PDE and Poissons equation in two separate studies for a hexagonal geometry.
Now if you try to compute the solution in the study you find something that makes sense for the Poisson equation study but for the eigenvalue equation you get a solution that obviously has failed to converge numerically (or at least something very weird happens).
I think the problem is that I solve the eigenvalue equation on the three different domains in the geometry with different values for the function a in the coefficient form PDE. I wanted COMSOL to stitch the three solutions together but it fails at that.
Could someone check out my script and show me what I should do?

0 Replies Last Post 10.05.2016, 09:06 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello August Mikkelsen

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.