Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Cannot use Prescribed mesh velocity in Frequency-Transient Study

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I'm setting up a microwave heating model with a deformed geometry.
The microwave field is solved in the frequency domain, and the other physics (e.g. heating) in the time domain. This is accomplished with the so called Frequency - Transient study, which works like a normal time dependent study, except that it allows to enter the frequency.
The additional 'physics' of the deformed mesh contains a prediscribed mesh velocity. It does what it should do in a time dpendent study. However when I combine it with the microwave using the above mentioned frequency-transient step, then I recieve the error:

Prescribed mesh velocity is only applicable for transient studies.
- Feature: Compile Equations: Frequency-Transient

But I do have a transient study, So? This seems unintended behaviour to me. Any suggestions ?

Food & Biobased Research
Wageningen University

0 Replies Last Post 22.04.2016, 07:48 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Erik Esveld

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.