Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Changing Incident Wave Direction for an Electric Field using Scattering Boundary Conditions

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I am attempting to alter the angle of direction an electric field as defined by scattering boundary conditions. The default settings for incident wave direction, kdir, are -emw.nx and -emw.ny for the x and y direction, respectively. How does one change these settings to alter the angle of incidence for the field? Let's say, if I want to tilt the field in increments of 10 degrees, what should I input in the text line?

Christian

1 Reply Last Post 18.08.2016, 14:35 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Christian Ocier

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 8 years ago 18.08.2016, 14:35 GMT-4
Hi Christian

You have to create a constant let's say "theta", inthe blank you have two blank positions in wave direction k, you write down k0_...*cos(theta) and k0-...*cos(theta),theta is the angle of incident wave, "..." is standed for diffirencent application mode.
After that in study you'll creat a parametric sweep and put this constant "theta" to cluctuate, there you can put in 10 degrees to 10 degrees.

Hope i can help u
Hi Christian You have to create a constant let's say "theta", inthe blank you have two blank positions in wave direction k, you write down k0_...*cos(theta) and k0-...*cos(theta),theta is the angle of incident wave, "..." is standed for diffirencent application mode. After that in study you'll creat a parametric sweep and put this constant "theta" to cluctuate, there you can put in 10 degrees to 10 degrees. Hope i can help u

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.