Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Modeling poroelastic material

Carlos Alberto Castro Estrada

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Greetings;

I am triying to do a model defining a solid cylinder of poroelastic material saturated with viscous fluid.

I want to know wich of the modules are the best choice to do that; in order to measure the resonance frecuency of the material, and also the attenuation frecuency; while the system is excited by a torsional standing wave, and the surface of the cylinder is stress-free.

I am thinking of using the structural mechanics module coupled with poroelasticy, to perform the torsional movement; i want to know if that is a correct approach or if I should use another module to do that.

I saw in a forum that the Eigenfrecuency analysis is used to obtain the resonance frecuency but i am having troubles to do that.

Lot of thanks for your help

0 Replies Last Post 18.04.2016, 13:45 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Carlos Alberto Castro Estrada

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.