Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

3D plasma discharge

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear all:

I am trying to simulate a 3D microwave plasma discharge. I would be very happy if someone could offer an example on how to tackle the problem.

Thank you very much in advance,

Best regards

Guo-jian Niu

2 Replies Last Post 27.10.2016, 03:16 GMT-4

Posted: 8 years ago 05.04.2016, 02:28 GMT-4
There are some applications availble in the app lib in COMSOL. May that be helpful to you.
There are some applications availble in the app lib in COMSOL. May that be helpful to you.

Posted: 8 years ago 27.10.2016, 03:16 GMT-4
Hello Guo jian niu ;

I recommend u to start with 2D or 2D axi-symmetric first. since the problem you are trying to solve is had enough for 2D .
then u can do a 3D revolve from the results node.

Best of Luck
Hello Guo jian niu ; I recommend u to start with 2D or 2D axi-symmetric first. since the problem you are trying to solve is had enough for 2D . then u can do a 3D revolve from the results node. Best of Luck

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.