Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Simulating Electric Field Strength

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,
I am attempting to show the influence of the soil and material of the tower on the electric field strength from a transmission tower line.

So far i have managed to create the line and small model of the tower and it is producing the expected results. however, when i try to add in components to create a more detailed tower, the study fails and i get an electric field strength of zero. i was wondering if anyone could explain why this is happening.

I cannot attach the file, it is saying the file is too big.

Regards
Andrew

1 Reply Last Post 29.03.2016, 10:53 GMT-4

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 8 years ago 29.03.2016, 10:53 GMT-4
Hi,

Check the electrical conductivity values and their relation to other material/physical parameters, in case the conductivity is not a constant but an expression. Also check for the applied voltage value, its surfaces and the ground boundaries. Hope it helps!
Good luck!
Hi, Check the electrical conductivity values and their relation to other material/physical parameters, in case the conductivity is not a constant but an expression. Also check for the applied voltage value, its surfaces and the ground boundaries. Hope it helps! Good luck!

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.