Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Time Dependent Study of Electrostatic Induction

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi everyone,

I am a beginner to COMSOL and hope you could kindly help me out. I'd like to simulate the electrostatic induction under time dependent analysis to observe the charge induction and deformation of material.

I use Electromechanics (emi) physics to add surface charge density and fixed constraint. If I perform Stationary analysis, the result is correct. However, the solution is not convergent under Time Dependent and the iteration keeps going on. I am not sure where the problem is. I attach my model below so that anyone could download it and tell me my mistake or misunderstanding.

Thanks,

Norman

0 Replies Last Post 28.03.2016, 13:29 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Norman Yin

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.