Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to Define Graphene in COMSOL in Semiconductor Module

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello, I am almost new to comsol. I was trying to simulate a MOSFET device which has Graphene as its channel. As there is no built in material called Graphene in COMSOL 5.1, I have to define it. While defining Graphene in COMSOL, I am facing some difficulties defining the parameters for Graphene such as-

1. Bandgap
2. Effective Density of States, Valence band
3. Effective Density of States, Conduction band
4. Electron and Hole mobility
5. Permittivty
6. Electron affinity

Moreover, I also would like know, if I am adding doping profile in the semiconductor MOSFET, should I also include doping profile in Graphene channel? My objective is to just observe the current( I) curve against gate voltage (Vg) , if I define graphene as the channel.

Please let me know. Your help is much more appreciable.

Thanks,
Rishad

2 Replies Last Post 18.09.2016, 13:12 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Rishad Arfin

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Posted: 8 years ago 17.09.2016, 17:38 GMT-4
i also have a same problem.Can anyone answer it?Thank you.
i also have a same problem.Can anyone answer it?Thank you.

Posted: 8 years ago 18.09.2016, 13:12 GMT-4
Hey. let me know if you can solve the problem. Did you post something on this previously ?

Thanks,
RA
Hey. let me know if you can solve the problem. Did you post something on this previously ? Thanks, RA

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.