Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Euler Lagrange Equation

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am not able to solve an equation as mentioned in the attachment which is nothing but the EULER-LAGRANGE equation which was obtained through variational principle by minimising the strain energy and the constraint equation with respect to the unknowns u and v.

Iam not able to figure out how to implement the inequality constraint and the lagrange multiplier in the coefficient form PDE. Kindly help me in figuring this out. Just to make the system have a unique solution i have applied a dirichlet contion as well.

The COMSOL file contains the differential equation without any constraint imposed. If the constraints are imposed it would look like the equation as in the "Attachment".

Kindly help me in solving this.

0 Replies Last Post 03.03.2016, 01:28 GMT-5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello NMCAD LAB

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.