Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Problems with applying periodic condition in general form PDE

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear all,
I tried to apply periodic condition in the general form PDE, but the solution obtained is incorrect and I donot know why.
For comparison, firstly I simulated a heat transfer problem using the heat transfer in solids interface and applied the periodic heat condition there, and the result was correct(fig.1). Then I solved the same problem using the general form PDE and applied the periodic condition there, but the result is unreasonable(fig.2). I found that in the heat transfer in solids interface the thermal insulation is overridden by periodic heat condition(fig.3), but in the general form PDE zero flux is not overridden by periodic condition(fig.4). Could anyone tell me why this happened?
Thank you very much.
Jack

0 Replies Last Post 02.03.2016, 20:07 GMT-5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Jack Gao

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.