Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Which physics should I use?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I'm fairly new to and unfamiliar with COMSOL and would like to get some input from those more experienced on where to go with my microfluidic device model.

The model consists of two chambers separated by a porous membrane. The top chamber is filled with flowing liquid, and the bottom chamber is filled with collagen (a porous matrix).

Molecules in solvent will flow into the device on the flowing liquid side only, but can exit at the other end of either chamber (1 inlet, 2 outlets). My desired output is the fraction of molecules in each section of the device.

I've currently been modeling using Species Transport in Porous Media and Laminar Flow, but I'm wondering if I should try to switch to the Euler-Euler physics since it seems to allow the characterization of particle flow. OR is this entirely dependent on whether my molecule is soluble or insoluble in my solvent?

Thanks so much.

0 Replies Last Post 12.02.2016, 17:41 GMT-5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Elizabeth Walker

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.